9 Tips To Improve Your SEO Positioning Without New Content
The creation of new content and a link building strategy help SEO positioning. However, you should know that these are not the only ways to rise in position in the SERPs. Before it was easier and faster to get to the top positions of Google, but today there is more competition and it costs much more.
Therefore, there are some tricks that you should know, and that will allow you to improve your SEO positioning, without having to focus so much on creating new content. It is not just about creating, but about applying a more strategic vision. Would you like to know how to get it? Pay attention to these 9 super tips!
How to optimize your SEO positioning without creating content or links
If there is something that we often forget about, it is the user, the most important piece of our strategy. And this is precisely the reason why you can’t beat your competition. Now you will understand why through these tips to improve your position in Google.
- Optimize CTRs
The CTR (Click Through Rate ) is the number of clicks divided by the number of impressions. For example, if you have 3 clicks and 100 impressions, your CTR is 3%.
According to the Video animation company If you have a high CTR, it indicates that your content is interesting and relevant to the user; so Google will take it into account to climb positions. But if, on the contrary, your CTR is low and you appear on the first page of Google, it means that users see your link but do not click because there is other content that is more attractive to them. And these are the CTRs that you should work on, those that have less than 5%.
The tool with which you can analyze CTRs is through Google Search Console. Then the most important thing you have to do to get more clicks than your competitors is to optimize the title and meta description.
The keyword must appear in the title, as far to the left as possible, and must not exceed 60 characters. In the met description it is also convenient to include the keyword, but here it is more relevant that the phrase has a hook because it will be what motivates the user to click. Its length is approximately 155 characters.
It is recommended that when you perform any optimization on the title and meta descriptions, allow 30 days for Google to give it time to act. If instead of benefiting you, you see that it harmed you, leave it as it was in the beginning.
- Build a brand
Branding can differentiate you from the competition. Have a look!
- A YouTube channel with almost 100,000 subscribers.
- Two podcasts: “ Inspirational Monday ”, with four seasons, among one of the 50 most listened to podcasts on personal development; and ” Marketing Responses “, which has only one season and is having a great acceptance.
- An annual event, called Smarketing, made up of presentations that offer innovative content to all digital marketing professionals.
- A “Training” course platform to promote continuous learning about digital marketing and online advertising.
- Downloadable content: ebooks and monthly webinars.
Creating good content on one of your channels does not mean that your brand will grow and make the leap. But if a user hears your message many times, not just once, there is a better chance that it will connect with your brand, establish a relationship with you, and trust it.
Spread your content and if you can do it through different channels. It includes link building, public relations, and the appearance in the media to this strategy.
- Ask your audience what they want to read
The best way to find out which topics your audience is most interested in is to ask them directly. For this, a tool with which you can send surveys and create forms for free is Hubspot. You just have to register in their CRM.
Once you create the form, you can then embed it on any of your pages and ask your readers about the topics they prefer or why they visit your site. The latter will be very useful since it will allow you to know more about the profile of clients who visit you and what they are looking for.
Then, you can compile these topics and send an email to your database with the “winning” content from your blog or YouTube channel. So you don’t have to create anything new, just spread what you already have and know first-hand that your audience is interested.
Also, spread this content on your social networks and other channels.
- Use Rich Snippets to increase your CTR
A Rich Snippet (or also called structured data) is a piece of information that we offer to the search engine about the content of our page. On the one hand, it helps Google better understand the page and, on the other hand, it increases the possibility of attracting users.
Think that in the title and in the description there is a character limit. Therefore, if you decide to use structured data, you can include other data such as price, rating stars, availability, or any other relevant information about your business. If a competitor has a 1.5-star rating and you have a 4.6, who do you think the user will click on?
There are a large number of Rich Snippets that you can add to your site. To choose the right ones, think about your users and Google. These are the most used in blogs and online stores:
- Sitelinks Snippet: with this snippet Google shows us the main sections of a site (blog, contact, services, podcasts, courses, etc). To use this snippet, the information must be as clear as possible so that Google understands your page.
- Product and review snippet: this shows the ratings, opinions, number of votes, etc. Use this snippet only when the page is related to the product being reviewed.
- FAQ Snippet: it is about showing short questions and answers in a drop-down menu. To use it, you have to make sure that the questions and answers are within your content. The best of all is that the Google page will show 7 results and not 10; so you will take your competitors to the second page.
- Featured Snippet: they are the ones that are in the zero position of Google because they appear before the first organic result. The requirement to appear here is to first be on the first page of Google. Four varieties can be distinguished: lists, paragraphs, tables, and YouTube videos.
- Appear in Google News
Would you like to appear on Google News? You no longer need to sign up for the Publisher Center, but Google recommends doing so to get in the Google News rankings. Through this, you can customize the sections and your content, publish ads in your content area and appear in the Play Newsstand section of the application (when it comes to publications with business conditions).
Please note that using the Publisher Center to submit a URL does not guarantee its publication in Google News.
Publishers will no longer have to submit their website to appear in Google News and in the app. They will simply be taken into account and if they meet Google’s requirements, their content policies, and offer quality, then they will automatically appear in the featured news or in the News tab of Search.
- Change the year in the headlines of your posts
In many of your posts do you add years? Including the year in the headline has always been a hook factor in attracting traffic and still is. But for your content to be evergreen and last over time, you must change it every year.
The first thing you should do is write down all the posts in which you include years. So you can review and adapt them at the right time.
On the other hand, try never to put the year in the URL because to modify it you would have to do a 301 redirect. The year should only be in the title, in the meta description, and in the text as in this example:
- Include your YouTube videos in your articles
YouTube belongs to Google. For this reason, Google takes its contents into account. A good practice to improve your SEO positioning is to include YouTube videos in your posts. In this way, you will position yourself in the video search section on Google and you will have more chances that your article will appear in the first options.
If you look closely, in the Google “Videos” tab, the link takes you to the article where the video is. Remember that Google positions not only by textual parameters but also by videos and images.
In our case, applying this strategy of including videos in our articles, we achieved more than 40 thousand clicks in a period of 3 months.
- Create infographics to a position in Google Images
In the same way that videos helped us attract traffic and improve our positioning, the use of infographics also improved our statistics thanks to the positioning in the Google Images section.
- Include your content on social networks, they also position!
Social networks also position, help to get more visibility without a doubt. Therefore, always adapt your content to these channels, using the appropriate format.